The Holy Bible has actually been downright costly. Martyrs composed it and others have actually suffered extremely for their loyalty to it. The Bible has actually been safeguarded and handed down through meticulous efforts. It has actually been translated into the language of countless peoples, often at the expense of life, not to mention time, energy, and cash. This is exactly why exegetical evidence for the Bible is so important!
This Bible is a “treasure chest of holy delight.” It is from this Bible that we discover what the apostles taught regarding the supreme sacrifice of the Son of God. It’s from this Bible that we discover the supremacy of God in all things. It is from this Bible that we find out about what our sovereign and excellent Father necessitates of us, His reliant children.
If a wealthy uncle left his substantial inheritance to the individual identified in his will, and you understood that you were that individual, you would be extremely zealous to see that the court interpreted his will in such a way consonant with the author’s intended meaning. Or if you were frantically ill with a terminal illness, and you became aware of a physician who knew the treatment, and he made a note of a health routine for you, you would do whatever in your power to understand what the physician meant in his health program and do whatever the program required. Just how much more must we regard the Word of God to be priceless and most worthy of research study!
Due to the fact that the Bible alone is the inerrant, foolproof authority for what we are to think about God and how He desires us to live, it is not a surprise that we bring a great deal of baggage to the text. By nature we do not like the idea of absolute authority living in anybody beyond ourselves. What if God commands me to do something I do not wish to do? Or what if He portrays Himself in a manner that varies from the way I believe He should be? This would result in a remarkable pressure to import our own meanings into the text instead of content ourselves with the Author’s desired meaning no matter where it leads us.
Hence, we require 3 things to gain exegetical evidence for the Bible and to be mindful interpreters of the Word of God. First, we need to confess we require aid which we will perish without it. Left to ourselves, and our own unaided human reason, we are hopeless. We require revelation from above. Our immortality hangs on this! Second of all, we require faith in the sovereign goodness of the Author. This faith not just releases us to go where the Bible leads us, but it urges us to go where the Bible leads us. Thirdly, we really need to find out how to read with the type of care that equates the preciousness of the Bible.
Discover other exegetical evidences for the Bible:
- Exegetical Evidence For Predestination
- Exegetical Evidence For Snake Handling As Believers
- Exegetical Evidence For The Unforgivable Sin
- Exegetical Evidence For Matthew Recording Mary’s Family Line And NOT Luke!
- Exegetical Evidence For Jesus Claiming To Be GOD
- Exegetical Evidence Against The Apparent Creation Contradictions In Genesis 1 & 2
- Exegetical Evidence For The Death Of Judas Iscariot
- Exegetical Evidence For Measuring A Day In Genesis
- Exegetical Evidence For Light Before The Sun
- Exegetical Evidence For Jesus Cursing The Fig Tree
- Exegetical Evidence – Ninevites Saved Without A Sacrifice?
- Exegetical Evidence – Aaron’s Staff DID NOT Turn Into A Snake!
- Exegetical Evidence For The Ultimate Scapegoat In History
- Exegetical Evidence For Christians Not Having To Keep The Sabbath?
- Exegetical Evidence For Jesus Calling A Gentile Woman A Dog!
- Exegetical Evidence For Manna; What Is It?
- Exegetical Evidence For Why Jesus Spoke In Parables
- Exegetical Evidence For Matthew 18:28 – Some Disciples Won’t Die Before Seeing Jesus’ Return?
- Exegetical Evidence For Biblical Times Having Two Evenings
- Exegetical Evidence For 3 Days And 3 Nights NOT Being 72 Hours
- Exegetical Evidence For The Antichrist NOT Being Gay In Daniel 11:37
- Exegetical Evidence For Not Mixing Wool And Linen In Deuteronomy 22:11
- Exegetical Evidence For The Parable Of The Talents In Matthew 25:14
- Exegetical Evidence For A Camel Going Through The Eye Of A Needle
- Exegetical Evidence For The Slave, The Door & The Ear In Deuteronomy 15:17
- Exegetical Evidence For The TRUE Location Of The Battle Of Armageddon
- Exegetical Evidence For Jesus Apparently Not Knowing The Day Or The Hour
- Exegetical Evidence For Jesus Not Being Forsaken At The Cross
- Exegetical Evidence For Why Jesus Asked Peter “Do You Love Me?” 3 Times
Also check out other evidences for the Bible: